Reading for pleasure has anyone tried?? I love to read! there is something about being transported away to a different place, time, and meeting different people.
Even when I was a kid, I use to collect the Bernstein bear books, babysitter clubs, ect. OMG, I use to be obsessed with those books.
What I do now is borrow books from my local library. I used to read from my kindle but it was getting a little costly after awhile.
Also aside from reading journal articles or books related to your research, it is always best to mix it up a bit.
Perhaps, not similarly going to gym, but I tried to read a book on a daily basis. Obviously, it has be to be something interesting. Also, my commute time is about an hour, so reading kills time on the train.
Click on this link and it explains ‘reasons why we should read’: http://www.realsimple.com/health/preventative-health/benefits-of-reading-real-books
So far I’ve read the following books:
- The Nightingale by Kristen Hannah (I’m currently reading this)
- Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson (OMG- this is a must!!!)
- When I’m Gone by Emily Bleeker
- Our souls at night (this is ok)
- The Piano teacher (this is ok)
- The expatriates (good book)
- All the light we cannot see (a must read!)
- The Girl on the Train (OMG!)