So, I decided to write something on a more positive note, in other words, the good things that are happening right now.
1. I have a job at a research center, I’ve been working here full-time and I love it. It helps keep my mind off of things and all the negativity surrounding my life. This job also has helped me develop and strengthen my research skills and writing (I’m pretty sure you think my writing is terrible, based on these blogs…But I’m working on it). Furthermore, my boss who is also the center’s director is like my mentor and I really appreciate that about him. The great aspect about my job is that the research projects that I have worked on and will work on are research that interest me.
2. Collaboration with my colleagues at the research center. My colleague and I are planning on writing a book (I will tell you more about this down the road). This is the first time, I’m working with someone, especially developing a book. I’ve never done this. Usually, any type of work I have done in the past, was mostly done on my own. I’m very excited about this project because I will finally get to collaborate with someone and I will have my first co-authored book. Please keep your fingers crossed for me.
3. A co-worker (also a research assistant) and I are thinking of having our own research consultant business. We plan to do our own little start-up company. We both have really great research skills (statistical, model-building, coding/programming), so we figured we can probably take these skills to next level. I’m super excited about this, just the thought of it gives me high hopes about my future. Hey who knows? maybe we can have our consulting business on the side. So, now we are at the planning stage which includes: thinking of a name of our company, website design, the ins and outs of creating a consulting business, ect.
4. My brother is moving out! so, my parents are knocking down our wall (the wall that separates my room and his), so now my room is going to be bigger. Space is very valuable here..lol. Also, since my brother is going to move out, I think my parents and I are going to be less stressed. I love my brother but I cannot live with him anymore. He is such a slob, for example, whenever he opens a new contacts, he leaves the plastic on the sink. I don’t understand why it is so difficult to take that garbage to the trash??? or another example, is that when he eats again (like at 3AM) he leaves all of the food on the kitchen table and does not even bother to pick up after himself. I can go on and on. Folks, he is only moving up to 3 flights of stairs. He ended up renting an apartment where my dad works as a superintendent. Anyways, this is good news to me and my family, and I think it is about time for him to move out.
5. I’m going to instruct an online-summer course for about 4 weeks. I love doing this, because everything is online. I design the course and the materials, which I enjoy. I already have 33 students!!!!
Well, this is it, this is my list of good things to come. I really hope I can add more to this list soon. I will try to focus on this positive things and less on the negatives.